One sure thing you’ll find at any show is tradeshow swag, goodies, giveaways, trinkets, trash, however you term it, it is a given and something that is embedded in the culture and experience of attending a show. For some attendees, it is one of the highlights of the show – hitting all the places that are giving away free cool stuff. As an exhibitor, promotional giveaways can become a costly promotional line item so it is important to get deals and spend your money wisely to insure you’ve got the right promotional swag that is considered worthwhile.
When looking at all the options available, search out items that are relevant and useful, both to your customer and brand/industry. If it is useful, it will hang around the office for a good period of time to keep your brand and name in front of the prospect.
Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Pens/Writing Instruments: You can’t go wrong here. Yes, it’s boring but inexpensive and something everyone uses. I recommend getting an expensive but decent quality pen to give away in droves (especially if you’re at a show where there are a lot of people who aren’t your target client but will stop by your booth just to grab whatever you’re giving away for free) and invest in a small quantity of really nice quality pens that you give to hot prospects or existing clients who stop by to visit and invest some time with you on the show floor.
- Cups & Mugs: These are popular and get used. For tradeshow giveaways, travel mugs (stainless steel or shatterproof) are recommended for ease in taking home in carry-on luggage.
- Tote Bags: Put your brochure and one of those inexpensive pens inside. Reusable grocery style bags are a popular configuration now with many grocers encouraging shoppers to bring their own bags for reduced environmental impact.
- Electronic Gadgets: Smart phone and tablet stylus/pens, USB or thumb drives are always appreciated and will be utilized over and over.
- Badge Holders: The best type is one that offers an adjustable cord, pockets, secure places to keep cash, credit or business cards and perhaps even a pen. These will be used at the show but also reused at other events and can be used as a handy “mini bag” to run quick errands and hold important documents when travelling.
- Hats & Caps: A good quality baseball cap or “beanie” knit hat are always a premium and sought after give away. Go for a quality hat and it will be sure to get lots of wear and keep your name in public view.
Photo courtesy of PromoDirect.com