Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) is a series of techniques used to improve the ranking of your website listing in search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Recent surveys show that more than 85% of Internet users use search engines to find services, products and information. Unless your site appears prominently on the search engines, potential customers will go elsewhere. Getting higher rankings in the search engines is not an accident. We employ basic and advanced techniques that work for every client. One of the most important techniques is the selection and placement of keywords. Keywords are one of the tools that describe your site to the search engines. Since search engines review sites primarily by their text content, site rankings are affected by the keywords you choose. Adding keyword captions to pictures and other media like Flash will optimize graphic content. Some general SEO techniques to optimize your site for the search engines include:
- Using a unique and relevant HTML titles for each page.
- Providing unique and relevant content for your target audience.
- Using accurate descriptions, known as meta tags, to make search listings more informative.
- Developing link strategies that allow websites offering interesting content to refer to your site.
- Making web sites easier to read for visitors with visual disabilities. Known as accessibility, major search engines now include it in their ranking criteria to give priority to accessible websites.